Position that utilizes analytical and project management skills to solve complex problems and meet clients’ business needs.
A versatile IT professional with a master’s degree and extensive project management/system development experience. A team player and analytical thinker, who can effectively link details with the "big picture" when designing/developing systems and managing projects. Excellent interpersonal skills have contributed to success in meeting timelines and producing results in diverse environments.
- Project leader for the development of an online budgeting system following merger of 2 large utilities. Directed a team of 3 developers in writing a browser-based system in Visual Basic that allowed clients in 5 locations throughout the U.S. to enter, transmit and analyze a huge volume of budget data online. Team met all milestones, completing the project on schedule within 6 months.
- Created prototype for a web-based performance evaluation system, then led team that developed the system for a busy call center with approximately 200 reps. System provided standards for measuring the performance of individual reps, resulting in more consistent feedback to staff, reduced potential for lawsuits stemming from personnel actions and fewer customer complaints.
- Led development team that created an online system for tracking marketing programs. The system, which provided sales reps with quick, easy access to effective dates for wide variety of constantly changing promotions and programs offered regionally by 4 different operating companies, minimized confusion and improved effectiveness of the sales force.
- Extensive project management experience for a diverse group of internal clients in the marketing, general services, IT and engineering departments. Demonstrated strong problem solving and consulting skills, along with the ability to produce deliverables on schedule and within budget.
- Managed accounting and IT operations for 2 different organizations. Directed staffs that ranged from 5-12, consulted with/supported diverse groups of internal clients and led numerous projects, including the successful implementation of a new data entry system for an electric utility and the development/implementation of new accounting methodology for municipal government.
- Played a key role in design of a system used to determine the effect of route changes on meter-reading efficiency and billing for a utility with 400,000 customers. System interacted with the mainframe, allowing required data to be retrieved and fully tested before implementation, thus ensuring that the resulting route changes improved efficiency with no negative impact to cash flow.
- Lead developer on a team that designed a web-based PC ordering/replacement system used throughout the corporation. System automatically notified clients when PC’s were scheduled for replacement, created paperwork for online approval and updated inventory. Automation significantly improved efficiency of the process, contributing to elimination of at least 8 positions.
- Collected and analyzed data needed to prepare a successful bid to keep corporate printing function in-house. Retaining the function resulted in savings of $65,000 in equipment needs the first year, with a 50% improvement in productivity, and consolidations that reduced printing volume by 100,000 pages per month.
- Led team that designed a project tracking system for senior management. Assessed client needs, then directed development of database and online system that provided the requested functionality. The web-based, intranet system allowed easy entry of data by project leads, provided accurate, timely and consistent reporting and became an important project management tool for executives.
- Eleven years of diverse experience as a programmer/programmer analyst. Supported accounting systems in a manufacturing plant and electric utility’s customer information systems. Accomplishments include design and implementation of new accounts receivable system, installation of new releases for accounts payable system and maintenance of CICS systems.
American Electric Power (formerly, Public Service Company), Tulsa, OK 1985-2003
Information Architect 2000-2003
Information Consultant 1998-2000
Client Service Consultant 1994-1998
Client Computing Specialist 1993-1994
Supervisor, Production Support 1990-1993
Senior Programmer Analyst 1985-1990
Unit Rig and Equipment Company, Tulsa, OK 1979-1985
Tulsa County, Tulsa, OK 1976-1979
MS, Management, Southern Nazarene University, Tulsa, OK
BA, Management of Human Resources, Southern Nazarene University, Tulsa, OK 1992
AAS, Computer Programming, Tulsa Community College, Tulsa, OK 1987
Java, Visual InterDev, HTML, ORM/Infomodeler 1.5, Visual Basic, Powerbuilder, Access, CICS, Assembler, MS Front Page, SQL, ODBC, IDMS, MS OFFICE products, MS Picture It, Paint Shop Pro 5, Print Shop Deluxe, Macro Media Flash, Xara Menu Maker
HTML Writers’ Guild
Newsletter Editor, Association for Systems Management
Project Management Institute (PMI)